Disclaimer: Information and opinions presented here are for educational purposes only. Nothing on this site should be regarded as investment advice, or an offer to buy or sell securities.Thank you.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Link to a forum : Projectors in the classroom

First comment from this forum :

"I am trying to investigate using projectors in our distance learning labs rather than the TV monitors that we currently have. The problem is, when I look at the specs I have no reference point to go by (knowing nothing of projectors). So, if I look at the lumens I don't know what is bright enough for a lighted classroom, etc.
I can figure out how large the area projected from a given distance is, and that kind of "room specific" parameter. What I need to know is minimum resolution, brightness, and possibly the more robust brands to look at for a classroom environment.

Another angle may be cost of maintenance. We have a $10k HD projector in our student center for "movie night" and other activities, and I just found out they go through about 2 $300 bulbs per year. That times the 13 or so rooms I intend to convert gets a little pricey.

BTW, these rooms will prob be going to the Vtel Vista codecs, so compatability with that is a must.

Thanks"

0 comments:

Recent Comments

Popular Posts

Google